A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, August 27, 2005

Standing for Reality

I'm glad to see such a good crowd of good people gathering down in Crawford, Texas to counter the loonies of the Left at "Camp Cindy." The Patriots and Military Supporters are doing the right thing.

Yahoo News: Dueling Demonstrators Descend on Texas---

The pro-Bush rally by the school football stadium was the culmination of the "You don't speak for me, Cindy!" tour that started last week in California — referring to the protest that peace activist Cindy Sheehan started Aug. 6 near Bush's ranch.

Several times the crowd of about 1,500 chanted, "Cindy, go home!"

"You are giving hope and encouragement to the enemies of America," said former California Assemblyman Howard Kaloogian, a Republican who co-founded Move America Forward, the group that coordinated the rally.
Please, Cindy, go home! You are only making a fool of yourself and dishonoring your son.

"I know that the Camp Casey movement is going to end the war in Iraq," Sheehan said, adding that no other families should have to suffer the loss of a relative. She led the crowd in chanting "Not one more!"
If much bigger and more virulent "protests" couldn't do it, then I doubt one looney woman can.

When Cindy Sheehan says she doesn't want other "families to have to suffer the loss of a relative," does she realize that leaving Iraq and ending the War on Terror would mean that many, many more families would suffer the loss of relatives? Does she realize doing so would lead to many, many more terrorist attacks like 9/11? Does she realize that freedom is only preserved through brave men like her son, Casey, sacrificing their lives?

Perhaps Cindy Sheehan should go talk to Deena Burnett. Remember her?
Deena Burnett, whose husband Tom was on the fourth plane hijacked on Sept. 11, 2001, said he and the other passengers fought the terrorists before their plane crashed in a Pennsylvania field.

"Now it's up to us to continue what he started," Burnett said Saturday to cheers from those at the pro-Bush rally.
Amen, Deena. We cannot quit. If we do, we'll have many, many more families crying for loved ones lost in terrorist attacks.