A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, August 26, 2005

"Far Left Logic"

Excellent post over at The American Patriots, entitled "Far Left Logic."

Here is an excerpt:

Here are eleven things a leftist must believe in order to oppose the Iraq War.

1. No retaliatory actions are allowed. Iraq and Afghanistan can not be invaded, we will ask France to give terrorists a stern talking to. It is OK to lob a few cruise missiles into empty terrorist training camps as long as no terrorists are harmed.

2. You cannot screen Arab males at Airports, only 87 year old grandmothers and Nuns can be searched for weapons or bombs. We wouldn’t want to hurt a terrorists feelings.

3. You can’t incarcerate terrorists or insurgents. You cannot put them in Guantanamo or anywhere else, they must be freed so they can kill more people. They are freedom fighters ya know!

4. You cannot have any law with the word patriot in it. This means no Patriot Act. Rolling wire taps and monitoring known terrorists is absolutely unacceptable. It would be insensitive to put terrorists in jail, after all they are freedom fighters.
Read the other seven here.