A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, August 26, 2005

It's his party . . .

. . . he can invite whom he wants to!

Arianna Huffington is such a laugh. Take a look at her latest post on her "Huffington Post."

Ambassador Bolton’s Very Exclusive Reception

So John Bolton had a reception at the U.N. ambassador's private residence in the penthouse at the Waldorf Astoria last night. The Washington Times, Fox News, and various other conservatives were invited, but some of the people who weren't included Colum Lynch from the Washington Post and Warren Hoge from the New York Times, both of whom cover the U.N. for their respective papers. If you thought the Bush administration’s cowardice about facing anyone not completely on board was confined to Crawford and the campaign trail, think again.
Don't whine just because you and your faux-journalism friends weren't invited, Arianna. I'm sure you are rich enough to throw yourself plenty of parties.

And where does it say that John Bolton has to invite everyone and his brother? Is there some law compelling people to invite people who aren't their friends to their parties? Really, such parties would end up looking like a teenager's first boy-girl party: with boys on one side of the room and girls on the other, except this time it would be friends and not-friends.

And, Arianna, the President gives these "not completely on board" people plenty of time. They have access to all the Presidential news conferences, speeches, etc.

Come to think of it, I thought reporters were not "biased," so how can they be either "on board" or "not completely on board" with the President's agenda?

I hope you had fun, Mr. Ambassador. Just send us the bill. We'll be picking up the tab for you for quite a while, I suspect.
I would rather pick up the tab for a man who is going to kick the U.N.'s derriere (just a little French word) into shape, than for everyone sponging off the government, on welfare.

And I really hope John Bolton enjoyed his party. It was his, after all. Sorry, Arianna! Maybe you can find one in Greece!