A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, August 28, 2005

Picture of the Day

This picture makes me laugh. The "Code Pink" protestors are just silly.















Here is the caption on Yahoo News:
A McLennan Sheriff Deputy warns an unidentified Cindy Sheehan supporter that she will be arrested if she does not stay on the Camp Casey 1 side of the road across from the pro-Bush protesters near President Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas, Saturday, Aug. 27, 2005. Several thousand people descended on President Bush's adopted hometown Saturday, either attending a rally supporting him or arriving for the last leg of an anti-war demonstration near his ranch. (AP Photo/LM Otero)
If you want more laughs, then visit their wacko website.

They certainly don't speak for all women. I'm a woman and I think they are ridiculous.