A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, August 28, 2005

Al Sharpton and Martin Sheen, Oh My!

So Al Sharpton and Martin Sheen were visiting Cindy Sheehan's little "Camp Cindy" today. How sweet.

Not really. Who really cares! As if these people actually have any power! Al Sharpton is a joke and Martin Sheen plays a president on the television. Whoo hoo! I'm so impressed!

Here's a little article about it.

"I feel that it is our moral obligation to stand and to be courageous with these families, and particularly Cindy, that have become the conscience of this nation," said Sharpton, an activist and former Democratic presidential candidate.

Actor Martin Sheen, who portrays the Democratic president on NBC's "The West Wing," also met with Sheehan and spoke to a crowd of more than 300.

"At least you've got the acting president of the United States," the actor said. "I think you know what I do for a living, but this is what I do to stay alive."
Wrong, Al, the conscience of this nation are the men and women in uniform, who are out fighting the good fight rather than sitting at home and talking prettily. The moral obligation is to spread freedom to everyone, not hoard it for ourselves.

As Abraham Lincoln wrote, in an 6 April 1859 letter to Henry Pierce, "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it."

And as for Martin Sheen, I believe he's been pretending to be other people for too long. It seems as though he actually has an important job. And may we remind him, he is alive, just as Cindy Sheehan is, because many, many, many brave men and women have given their lives to keep us free.