A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, December 09, 2006

Busy Preparing for Christmas!

I apologize for the light (one might almost say non-existant) posting the last few weeks. I haven't felt like doing much blogging, as I would rather spend my time (when not working) decorating and preparing for Christmas. I also figured most people would be doing the same thing.

I hope to find some motivation this weekend, so if you have continued to visit, don't go away yet!

Tomorrow we will be decorating our tree and I will hopefully post pictures soon after.

If you are out shopping, don't forget to buy some toys to donate to the Marine Corps' Toys for Tots program.

And, don't forget to save your change for the Salvation Army's Red Kettles. You can even donate online!

And, visit America Supports You and SUPPORT OUR TROOPS! Many are far from their loved ones this Christmas. We need to thank them for that sacrifice and for their bravery! Do whatever you can. Donate. Send a care package. Write a thank you note.

And in honor of our military men and women, here is a link to my favorite Josh Groban singing "I'll Be Home For Christmas".