A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Religion of Peace Honors Its Holy Month

With more bloodshed.

AP: U.S.: 22 pct. more attacks in Ramadan---

BAGHDAD, Iraq - The U.S. military spokesman says there has been a 22 percent jump in attacks during Ramadan and the drive to secure Baghdad has "not met our overall expectations."

The spike in violence during the Islamic holy month of fasting was "disheartening" and the Americans were working with Iraqi authorities to "refocus" security measures, Maj. Gen. William B. Caldwell said.

"In Baghdad, Operation Together Forward has made a difference in the focus areas but has not met our overall expectations in sustaining a reduction in the level of violence," Caldwell said at a weekly news briefing.
It seems as though we often change our military strategies or decline to attack in a certain place or manner because we want to "respect their faith." This is especially true during their Holy Month of Ramadan.

But, apparently they feel no qualms about making blood run during the month, so I think that ought to remove all restraints for us, as well.

If they don't care about Ramadan, then neither should we. It obviously doesn't matter if we curtail bombing campaigns. The terrorists attack no matter what day or month it is.

Enough being nice.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,