A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, October 16, 2006

Blogging for Bolton

I was just perusing one of my favorite blogs, American Daughter and came across this post about "An Important Initiative."

I cannot help but agree.

We are fighting a Global War On Terror. Our enemies are every where and our "allies" (namely France, Germany, etc.) are scarce. The United Nations, which was created to solve the world's problems, is more concerned with greed and corruption.

We need men with courage of conviction, right moral compasses, and the determination to defend civilization.

That's why we must keep John Bolton as the United States Ambassador to the United Nations.

That's why, I have decided to join Blogs for Bolton.

If you have a blog, you ought to as well. "Blogs for Bolton" buttons are here.

If you don't have a blog, but want to get involved, you can still do so. The Blogs for Bolton Phone Bank is here. You will find the numbers for US Senators, plus a handy form that allows you to check off which Senators you have called. The number of calls placed to each Senator is also listed.

Do your part. We need John Bolton at the United Nations.

John Bolton Phone Bank

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,