A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, October 16, 2006

Items of Interest

Here are some great stories and posts from the beginning of this week:

-Angel asks WhaT does BBC stand for again? at Woman Honor Thyself.

-Anna at A Rose By Any Other Name has a post about A Fallen Local Hero. Plus, go buy something at an auction for a Military family. We need to do everything we can to support the men and women of our military AND their families.

-Beth at Blue Star Chronicles asks, Horatio Caine Hold Your Head UP!. My sister and I watch CSI: Miami and David Caruso's head-tilting drives us crazy! We love to joke about it and laugh about creating a website that counts the head tilts, the hands on the hips, and the removal of the sunglasses. Beth, great minds think alike! lol

-Nathan at Church and State says, Let's Make an Example of the Jihad Lawyer. I'm in! (Lots more on Lynne Stewart at Hot Air.)

-Michelle Malkin has a post on Christian persecution in Indonesia. (Christians are persecuted in Britain too.)

-At NRO, John Miller reviews the upcoming election races.

-Night Rider has a great Christian movie we all should watch.

-Lou Piniella (former Mariners manager) has signed a 3 year deal to manage the Chicago Cubs.