A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Reasons for Conservatives to Vote

I will admit that I have wavered between voting for Republicans on Election Day or not voting at all.

In 2000, George W. Bush and the Republican Party have been returned to office with resounding results. I was very happy in 2000 and 2004 to vote for the Republicans and, most especially in 2004, help with campaigns.

This year I haven't sent a single penny to a Republican candidate. I don't have any signs in my yard. I haven't volunteered a single hour.

I am tired of being betrayed by people who said they believe the same things I do and would stand up for these things in Congress or the Presidency.

In my opinion, other than a few small things, the Republicans have done an absolutely atrocious job in Washington, D.C. They have spent more of our money than they ever ought to have. They have NOT secured our borders and enforced our righteous laws. They have not stopped the spread of bureaucracy or government.

Really, what have they done for us?

A very large part of me continues to ask this question: why should I vote for people who did not do what they said they would?

We keep hearing about how bad things will be if the Democrats get back in power. How we cannot allow this to happen, so we must vote for this Republican or that one.

Does it not strike you as wrong that people who basically stabbed us in the back now think they can scare us into allowing them to do it again?

That large part of me really, really, really wants to not vote this year and let these cowardly, traitorous Republicans lose, lose, lose. Goodbye.

But, I don't want the Democrats in control. I don't want Nancy Pelosi to be Speaker of the House. Imagine having to look at those evil eyes and hear that obnoxious woman speak all the time.

So, I think that we must e-mail, call, and write our Republicans in Congress, the White House, and all other Public Offices. We must tell them that we are disgusted with their behaviors, that we feel betrayed (and explain where they have betrayed us), and let them know that we are only voting for them because the Democrats are worse.

We must continue to apply pressure on these elected "representatives" and let them know that they are in Washington, D.C., to serve us.

They must do what WE THE PEOPLE want or they will suffer the consequences in 2008. I suppose, the way I see it is this: the 2006 Election is the Republican Party's FINAL WARNING. If the Republicans are re-elected, but continue on their Liberal-Lite path, then they will be finished in the 2008 election.

If you need more reasons to go to the Polls and support the Republican Party on election day, Michael Medved provides 8 more.

Plus, great e-mail sent to the Corner:

I don't think any of you have mentioned the number one reason a conservative should get out and vote Republican on election day - the incredible, joyous feeling of Schadenfreude you are going to have watching the Democrats try to explain why they couldn't take the house and the Senate under conditions that could hardly be worse for the Republicans. I break out in giggles at just the thought of watching Nancy Pelosi try to spin the fact that she is still not Speaker of the House.
That might be the only consolation at having to vote for the Republicans. Think about it every day until the election and then vote Republican.

More good news if the Republicans win, according to the NY Post (via NRO's Sixers):

If Republicans retain control of the House in November, Rep. Charles Rangel will quit.
Let's work for that, shall we? Perhaps Nancy Pelosi will make the same promise? (Though, like Hollywood Celebs who said they would leave the US if George W. won---both times?---, I doubt Rangel will quit.)

What do you think will happen in the 2006 Elections?

What are you planning to do? Vote or stay home?

What are your reasons?


Technorati Tags: , , , ,