A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Mexico plans on going to U.N over border Fence

Cross posted from The Uncooperative Blogger

Has Mexico Lost its mind?

From The Houston Chronicle:

Mexico's foreign secretary said Monday the country may take a dispute over U.S. plans to build a fence on the Mexican border to the United Nations.

Luis Ernesto Derbez told reporters in Paris, his first stop on a European tour, that a legal investigation was under way to determine whether Mexico has a case.

Derbez said Monday after meeting with French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy that it was a "shame" U.S. immigration policy had been used for what he claimed was a short-term political gain in the lead-up to midterm elections in the U.S. in November.

He said he discussed the issue with Douste-Blazy, and planned to bring it up in meetings with his Spanish and Italian counterparts during visits to Madrid and Rome. He vowed to work on the case until the "very last day" of President Vicente Fox's term, which ends Dec. 1.
This is sad indeed, it is like a country tamping its feet and saying I am telling. What could the U.N. possibly do to stop us? Nothing, it is our country, our money and our land, end of conversation.

Mexico is in a panic because they thought we were working towards open borders with the North American Union. The Mexican government wants to export its poor to the U.S. rather than fix its problems. If we can get rid of illegal aliens from Mexico than Mexico loses about 20 billion in revenue coming from the USA.

Related Articles:
Why Mexicans want to work in the US

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,