A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, October 05, 2006

Money Talks, BS Walks

Crossposted from InMuscatine:

From a Minuteman press release I received via e-mail :

MINUTEMAN BORDER FENCE NEW SITE CONSTRUCTION BEGINS IN ARIZONA

PHOENIX, AZ (October 5, 2006) – Chris Simcox, President of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps ("MCDC"), released the following statement on the commencement of new sector construction for the Minuteman security fence in Arizona:

"The first shipment of 4" x 4" steel posts has arrived on site and the construction is
underway for the Minuteman high-tech border fence on the Hodges ranch along the southern border with Arizona. The land survey has been completed as well as the grading for this border fence sector. The steel fence posts have begun to arrive, and we will start with drilling and setting the posts.
That would be these :
Post1

Post2

Post3


Also, they note the obvious :
"The Senate has finally voted to `approve' 700 miles of border fencing along our broken 2,000 mile southern border—but they have yet to provide funding to actually build it, and the costs being discussed are astronomically inflated from real-world necessity
Of course.

**This was a production of The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII). If you would like to participate, please go to the above link to learn more.Afterwards, email the coalition and let us know at what level you would like to participate.**

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,