A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Weary of the politics of immigration reform?

Crossposted from Right Truth, written by Debbie

Are you growing weary of all the politics involved in trying to get new illegal immigration reforms passed? Yeah, me too. I think that may be the strategy of Congress. Wear us down, drag out the discussion, ... hoping that we will grow tired of the fight and give up. But giving up (or giving in) is not an option. Look at what is at stake if a good immigration bill is not passed.

Your personal finances will continue to suffer because of the great tax burden of illegal immigrants. Emphasis on illegal, folks. I'm not a racist. I'm not against immigration. But what are our politicians thinking? School systems suffering, welfare systems suffering, healthcare systems suffering, employment for legal Americans suffering, and on, and on, and on.

Do you know the average spent on every single student in American 'government' schools is approximately $20,000 per year? (Fox News) For kindergarten/preschool that's $8700 per student, per year. Some are griping that we don't budget enough money for our schools (oh, it's the c-h-i-l-d-r-e-n....). You can't teach a kid for $20,000 a year? Give me a break!

So it is costing you my friends, $20,000 for every illegal alien child in our school system. You better work some overtime to pay for it.

What about terrorism? Don't these people in Congress want to know who is trying to get into our country? Don't they want to stop terrorists BEFORE they enter, set up shop, and start plotting attacks? I just don't get it.

Americans are getting fed up. Weary? You bet we are weary! We are weary over politicians that don't care what we think, don't vote the way they promised, and we are not going to take it any more. It's time to CLEAN HOUSE and SENATE of those pesky fat cats that won't do the job they were elected to do. We are armed with our ballots and we're leaving no foxes in the hen house.

I offer you just ONE prime example of why we don't need illegal aliens criminal invaders. This one is from my home state, Tennessee, via Volunteer Voters::

Why Was He Here? From The Tennessean:
A 27-year-old Madison man was charged with vehicular homicide Monday in the deaths of a Mt. Juliet couple killed in a car crash Thursday.

Gustavo Garcia Reyes of 814 Anderson Lane was booked into Metro Jail on charges of vehicular homicide and evading arrest, Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said.

He is being held without bond. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has placed a detainer on Reyes because he appears to be an illegal immigrant, police said.

Reyes has been booked by Metro police in the past as Gustavo Reyes Garcia. His past arrests include charges of drunken driving, evading arrest, driving without a license and leaving the scene of an accident.

Lakewood Police Chief Lawrence Lee said Thursday that he had pulled Reyes over for erratic driving on Old Hickory Boulevard, and that Reyes drove off during the traffic stop. He crashed into two cars.

Lee and another officer said they were not in pursuit of Reyes, but followed him and later came upon the crash.
**This was a production of The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII). If you would like to participate, please go to the above link to learn more. Afterwards, email the coalition and let me know at what level you would like to participate.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,