A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, June 12, 2006

That Door Swings Both Ways

Cross posted from CommonSenseAmerica, written by Christi

Just as those who claim to see racism as the foundation of every disagreement in our nation are most often the worst offenders, the true hypocrites are usually the people that scream "hypocrisy" the loudest.

From KFMB, CA:

A new billboard in the South Bay is causing quite a stir, as the battle over immigration reform continues.

The billboard, located near Interstate 5 and less than a mile from the border, reads "Stop The Invasion" and "Secure Our Borders," and the phone number of Sen. Dianne Feinstein's San Diego office.

A similar billboard went up recently in Duarte in Los Angeles County. Other billboards have been put up in Atlanta, Dallas, Miami, Phoenix and West Virginia, Elliot said.

The interim president and general counsel of the Mexican-American Legal Defense and Educational Fund says the move amounts to hypocrisy.

"This group that happens to put up the billboards purports to be a family-oriented, family values organization," Trasvina told a Southern California television station. "Family reunification is a cornerstone of our immigration policies."
Hmmm, it seems to me that "family reunification" can take place in either Mexico or the United States.

So please tell me, how it is hypocritical to try to send people home to their families or to stop them from leaving their families in the first place?

Wouldn't it be more correct to say that it is actually the pro-illegal immigration advocates that are hypocritical by condoning those who have illegally entered our country and then demanding their entire family be allowed to come to this country under the guise of "family reunification"?

Let's see, considering the very definition of hypocrisy is "feigned high principles", I would say it is pretty easy to spot the hypocrites in this argument.

**This was a production of The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII). If you would like to participate, please go to the above link to learn more. Afterwards, email the coalition and let me know at what level you would like to participate.**

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,