A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, June 10, 2006

Three Fewer Terrorists On Earth

AP: U.S.: 3 Guantanamo inmates commit suicide---

WASHINGTON - Three detainees at Guantanamo Bay apparently committed suicide amid protests of the U.S. military prison by inmates, the Defense Department said Saturday. They were the first reported deaths at the detention center for suspected terrorists.

Two men from Saudi Arabia and one from Yemen were found "unresponsive and not breathing in their cells" early Saturday, according to a statement from the Miami-based U.S. Southern Command, which has jurisdiction over the prison. Attempts were made to revive the prisoners, but failed.
Oh, too bad. Three fewer terrorists on Earth. Three more terrorists in Hell. I am sure the Libs are sobbing.

Note, the article says the "first reported deaths" at Gitmo. Oddly enough, I tend to trust the Military more than I do the MSM. If the military says there have only been three deaths, I believe them.

The military said in its statement that "all lifesaving measures had been exhausted" in the attempt to revive the detainees. The remains were being treated "with the utmost respect," an issue important to Muslims. A cultural adviser was assisting the military.

Though the military termed the deaths suicides, the Naval Criminal Investigative Service was investigating to establish the official cause and manner of death.
And I also believe that "all lifesaving measures had been exhausted." These terrorists are treated extremely well at Gitmo, despite the fact that they are human garbage, evil cowardly animals. If they hadn't been captured, they would likely be living in some cave, if not dead already.

As for the NCIS investigation into the deaths, I am sure it is protocol to investigate the death of any suspect/terrorist who dies in custody. I am sure that happens in state prisons and federal penitentaries too.

Despite these logical assumptions, no doubt the MSM will have a hissy fit over these suicides.

All I can say is, Thank God these wicked men were not allowed to homicide bomb innocent people, fly planes into buildings, or murder our troops.

Too bad the MSM does not understand this.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,