A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, June 11, 2005

Where is the Media Outrage?

Michelle Malkin has a picture and link to a story about some Muslims in India having a little boy pee on our Flag, Old Glory.

Perhaps we should be rioting here in the US and demanding justice for the desecration of one of our symbols. How many people are going to die here in the US because we can't control ourselves, riot, and end up murdering innocent people? The answer is none because we know how to be civilized. We understand what the value of a symbol is, as opposed to the value of a human life. We also understand that each person has freedom and that just because one person uses his freedom to desecrate/mock another's symbol, we don't have to have a fit and kill others.

Michelle also has links to other recent flag desecrations by the same sort of people. Why don't we hear about any of this in the MSM?

And what about when Islamic fanatists were holed up in the Church of the Nativity in Jerusalem and used the Bible as toilet paper? Where was the outrage then?