A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, June 09, 2005

Liberal Lovefest

At MTV's "Rock the Vote" night, 8 June 2005, John McCain (D--oops, I mean R-AZ) accepted a "Rock the Nation" Award.

At the same event, Bil Clinton received a " 'Lifetime Achievement' award, meant to 'honor an individual who has always made reaching out to people and appealing to their values a primary part of his efforts to make the world a better place'."

Yes, Bill Clinton always does seem to make the effort to "reach out" to people: Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, Juanita Broaderick, and who knows how many other women. Apparently he was only trying to make their worlds better places. As they say, the best laid plans . . .

Also honored at the even was Barak Obama (known to Teddy Kennedy as "Osama bin … Osama … Obama). Mr. Obama received the same award McCain did. If only Barak Obama would become a sort of John McCain---essentially switching parties. McCain denied he was was supporting a group that is a "front for Democrats."


Jack Kemp co-hosted the event for "Rock the Vote." "I'm a progressive conservative. I'm a Democratic Republican. I want everyone to vote in this country," Kemp explained. "I think the Republican Party should be reaching out to every single voter in America, so that is who Jack Kemp is," he added.

According to the GOPUSA article, when Cybercast News Service asked Kemp how he felt about co-chairing an event honoring Clinton's "values," Kemp walked away and said, "That's another issue. I'm here to register young people [to vote.]"

Isn't that special?

Visit Rock the Hypocrisy to read about the protest of the event.