A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, June 08, 2005

One of My Favorite Places

On Sunday, my family went to our trailer at Shore Acres Resort, on Loon Lake. We've been going to Loon Lake all my life and to Shores Acres for at least 16 years. It is one of my favorite places on this earth.

Sunday it was raining, but I loved being there anyway. It was my first trip out since October, when we closed the trailer up. My books survived the winter admirably. I have almost no room for clothing in my little cupboard because of the number of books I have. After all, one never knows when one will want Pride and Prejudice or Emma or LOTR or Harry Potter.

The Lake smelled wonderful: fresh, piney, smokey, familiar. I hope to spend a lot of time out there this year, reading my huge stack of books (starting with the Horatio Hornblower series) and having friends out (Open invite to my GUCR and other friends!).

Here are some pictures I took on Sunday. On another day I will post pictures of the lake when the sun is shining. I love taking pictures of the lake, so expect lots more!

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5

The mountain in the pictures is Loon Mountain, but you can't see the top because of the mist that day.