A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Poor Baby Gregoire!

It seems that the Democrat Party is full of crybabies! According to a Yahoo.com story, "Gov. Christine Gregoire said she burst into tears in her office, surrounded by her senior staff, after watching a judge 125 miles away uphold her victory in last fall's governor's election, ending the legal fight over the closest gubernatorial race in U.S. history."

Oh, the poor dear! She went on to say that she and the state are ready to move on. I really wish we could move on, but the truth of the matter is that the situation was not adequately resolved. We still have an illegitmate governor in office in the state of Felony . . . I mean Washington. Honestly, I don't regard anything she does while in her stolen office as legal or legitimate. Unfortunately, it seems we are stuck with her until 2008.

The idiotic judge who cast a final vote in her favor, Chelan County Superior Court Judge John Bridges, said:

"Unless an election is clearly invalid, when the people have spoken their verdict should not be disturbed by the courts," Bridges said. Nullifying the election, he said, would be "the ultimate act of judicial egotism and judicial activism."

We did speak and we elected Republican Dino Rossi to the governor's race, not Christine Gregoire. Our "voices" were muffled by the Democrats, especially in King County, piling "found" ballot after "found" ballot over our faces. Did Bridges not realize the votes were counted 3 times and Gregoire only won the 1 time? In most instances, winning 1 out of 3 doesn't mean a person is a winner. The person who wins the other 2 times is the winner. Where was Bridges raised Baathist Iraq, where the winner was whomever the state declares?

How is the election not "clearly invalid" when there were sooooo many problems? It isn't as though Gregoire won the hand recount by 1 million plus votes and there were only 500 or so illegal votes. She won by 129. Dino Rossi won the election by 261 votes. Hmm 129 or 261. Clearly 129 votes are more than 261. Finally, I see the logic! It is the same logic used after the 2000 election, where George W. Bush clearly won over Al Gore. Democrats seem to think that regardless of the actual count, they win by virtue of their party. Obviously, the country wouldn't elect Republicans, so the Democrats must have won.

In reality, a Republican won both elections. Unfortunately, reality only prevailed in one case. If I had to chose, I must prefer George W.'s victory, because it is ultimately more important. It set the stage for our gains in the last 4 years and hopefully more gains in the future. This is more important than a stupid blue state (Washington) in the long run. Hopefully we'll have Dino in 2008.

One final thought: could Bridges ruling in favor of reality really have been "the ultimate act of judicial egotism and judicial activism"? I'm sorry, but I really doubt a "Chelan County Superior Court Judge" could really commit the ultimate act of judicial egotism and judicial activism. That seems to be more of a Supreme Court endeavor.