A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, June 06, 2005

Would she recognize the truth if it hit her in the face?

I first saw this on Special Report with Brit Hume today. Hillary Clinton was speaking at a big fundraiser, one that is supposedly for her senate re-election, but probably truthfully for a presidential campaign. I cannot believe Hil can say the following with a straight face:

There has never been an administration, I don't believe in our history, more intent upon consolidating and abusing power to further their own agenda


Is she talking about her husband's administration? She continued with:

It's very hard to stop people who have no shame about what they're doing. It is very hard to tell people that they are making decisions that will undermine our checks and balances and constitutional system of government who don't care. It is very hard to stop people who have never been acquainted with the truth.

It was hard to stop the Clintons, who have no shame, from doing anything, so she must be talking about herself and her husband. After all, they were the ones who had scandal after scandal while in office. They were the ones who left the White House with an incredible amount of furniture and material goods that did not belong to them. Bill Clinton is the one who is accused of rape and had who knows how many affairs while in office. Bill's the one who said, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky." The Clintons are the ones who have no shame.

I wasn't aware Hillary was so worried about undermining the checks and balances and the Constitution. They never seemed worried about that when they were in the White House.

She must be speaking from her own experience when she says it is very hard to stop someone who has never been acquainted with the truth. Obviously she and her husband have never heard the meaning of the word.