A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, June 06, 2005

The Regency Romance Quiz: What Kind of Romance Heroine Are You?

On the Shelf
My dear girl, you are clearly On the Shelf. You
are unmarried and in your mid-twenties. You
are intelligent and sensible, but quiet, and
consider yourself plain. You have had several
Seasons, but never received an offer, or
perhaps you refused the offers you received.
The reason for this is that you have always
loved the man you danced with shortly after you
came out at 18. He, of course, never returned
your affections, or even knew about them, and
is probably courting your sister.
Nevertheless, he always seems to like you, and
treats you much as he treats his sisters. Your
love for him is immediately evident to everyone
else, especially his sister, aunt or mother,
who think you are the best possible wife for
him. This attitude may prove either helpful or
difficult, depending on how much the author
likes you. When an accident befalls, your calm
practicality and ability to stitch up wounds
impresses him, and all of a sudden he finds
himself noticing the way your smile transforms
your face, lighting your eyes and making you
quietly beautiful. His interest and
appreciation will quickly turn to love, but he
will have to spend the rest of the novel trying
to convince you that his affection is genuine
and not a result of pity.

The Regency Romance Quiz: What kind of Romance Heroine are you?