A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, June 11, 2005

Polygamous Sect Leader Charged in Arizona

I'm very glad to see that the State of Arizona is taking marriage seriously enough to arrest someone who isn't practicing authentic marriage. If only other states in this country (California, Massachusetts, Vermont, etc.) would follow suit.

In my opinion, gay marriage is in the same category as polygamy. Both acts are not truly marriage. Marriage is between one man and one woman. It has been as far back as history has been recorded. One cannot simply change thousands of years of truth simply to fit what one wants. I might as well say the Atlantic ocean was gone for about 100 years during the Middle Ages.

If we must allow gay marriage, then why not polygamy? And why can't brothers marry sisters, fathers marry daughters, children marry adults, etc.? Those types of marriages are no more unnatural than gay marriage, yet advocates of gay marriage say this sort of argument is a red herring.

When have we ever allowed any of those types of marriage (outside of the Mormon church)? This only happens when liberal activists decide to change history and the very definition of the word marriage.

There is no such thing as gay marriage. It is a disgusting and immoral mockery of what true marriage is. I'm glad some people in this country think the law is important enough to follow. Good work, Arizona.