A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The World's Thinnest Books

Lady Lori's mother sent this in the e-mail and it is too funny not to post:

The World's Thinnest Books

  • FRENCH WAR HEROES
    by Jacques Chirac
  • THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY COUNTRY
    by Jane Fonda & Cindy Sheehan. Illustrated by Michael Moore
  • MY BEAUTY SECRETS
    by Janet Reno & Whoopi Goldberg
  • ALL THE WOMEN I HAVE LOVED BEFORE
    by Barney Frank (D-Mass) & Boy George
  • MY CHRISTIAN ACCOMPLISHMENTS & HOW I HELPED AFTER KATRINA
    by Rev Jesse Jackson & Rev Al Sharpton
  • THINGS I LOVE ABOUT BILL
    by Hillary Clinton
  • THINGS I LOVE ABOUT HILLARY
    By Bill Clinton
  • MY LITTLE BOOK OF PERSONAL HYGIENE
    by Osama Bin Laden
  • THINGS I CANNOT AFFORD
    by Bill Gates
  • THINGS I WOULD NOT DO FOR MONEY
    by Dennis Rodman
  • THINGS I KNOW TO BE TRUE
    by Al Gore & John Kerry
  • AMELIA EARHART'S GUIDE TO THE PACIFIC
  • A COLLECTION of MOTIVATIONAL SPEECHES
    by Dr. J. Kevorkian
  • ALL THE MEN I HAVE LOVED BEFORE
    by Ellen de Generes & Rosie O'Donnell
  • THE GUIDE TO DATING ETIQUETTE
    by Mike Tyson
  • DELICIOUS SPOTTED OWL RECIPES
    by PETA
  • THE AMISH PHONE DIRECTORY
  • MY PLAN TO FIND THE REAL KILLERS
    by O.J. Simpson
  • HOW TO DRINK & DRIVE OVER BRIDGES
    by Ted Kennedy
  • MY BOOK OF MORALS
    by Bill Clinton
    with introduction
    by The Rev. Jesse Jackson
Can you think of any others? (Nothing too vulgar, please!) Leave them in the comments and I will post them here.