A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, October 29, 2006

"On full disclosure, I haven't read it . . ."

Generally, I find that it is important to read and research something before I support it. More importantly, I must read and research something before I tell others they ought to support it. I wouldn't want to accept something at face value, urge others to support it, and then figure out what it was all about.

Apparently, Michael J. Fox doesn't think the same way. It turns out he didn't even read Amendment 2 before he made his Stem Cell Ad (You can see it here).

Pretty irresponsible, wouldn't you say?

Today on This Week with George Stephanopoulos, Fox admitted:

You know, I campaigned for Claire McCaskill. And so I have to qualify it by saying I'm not qualified to speak on the page-to-page content of the initiative. Although, I am quite sure that I'll agree with it in spirit, I don't know, I— On full disclosure, I haven't read it, and that's why I didn't put myself up for it distinctly.
A bunch of brainiacs in the Democrat's Camp, I see.

You can see it here:


You can see the awesome ad made in response to Fox's falsehoods here. It features actor Jim Caviezel, actress Patricia Heaton, St. Louis Cardinals' pitcher Jeff Suppan, Kansas City Royals player Mike Sweeney, football player Kurt Warner, (and maybe more?). (Oh, and you can get the translation for Jim's Aramaic here.)

More:
-Rush Limbaugh: What Rush Said About Michael J. Fox and the Democrat Ads Aimed at Misleading Voters About Stem Cell Research and the Record of Republican Candidates On It (Basically, the complete archive of all Rush said on this, links to articles, and lots more.)
-Day Gardner of National Black Pro-Life Union Responds to Michael J. Fox Ads---

"Michael J. Fox is just another person with an 'everyman for himself mentality.' What makes his life so much more important that the life of a child? We need to remember that there are two different forms of stem cell research. Adult stem cells are available, Mr. Fox knows that. But even in light of that fact, he is still supporting the killing of children and then harvesting their little bodies for their stem cells.

"It is unfortunate that he and so many people suffer with debilitating diseases. We all have lost loved ones to horrible ailments and illnesses -- and we all want and pray for good health. But, we should never deny the reality of the living unborn child in order to save our own skins. No human being has a right to do this at the expense of another's life."
Amen.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,