A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Items of Interest

These are just a few things that caught my eye as I was looking through blogs and the news.

George W. tells the Dems to "'stop 'measuring the drapes.'".

"The Democrats have made a lot of predictions. Matter of fact, I think they may be measuring the drapes," Bush said yesterday to laughs at a Sarasota, Fla., fund-raiser for GOP House hopeful Vern Buchanan.

"If their electoral predictions are as reliable as their economic predictions, Nov. 7th is going to be a good day for the Republicans."

The president added, "One of the reasons that the Democrats will lose on Election Day: Because they want to raise your taxes. No, I know they don't want to tell it that plainly, but that's what they're going to do."
I hope he's right.

Anna at A Rose By Any Other Name has the info on An Auction on Behalf of a Military Family. Please stop by and see what you can do.

At Woman Honor Thyself, Angel medidates on Autumn. Isn't it gorgeous out?

Ann Coulter's latest column is about the Dems' Favorite Halloween Costume: Patriot. What do you plan to be?

Did you know that Vampires are a mathematical impossibility? So says a scientist.

Over at My Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, Beth is setting off a "Google Bomb".

I thought, why not participate too! (Thanks to Beth at Blue Star Chronicles for posting about it.)

How do you participate? From Right Wing News:

I put together a list of key races for Republican blogs to Googlebomb. How do you do that? Simply view source, grab the HTML below, and post it on your blog or in a forum that you frequent. Then, once Google picks it up, the links on these candidates should rocket up charts and help even the playing field for the GOP in the key races.
You can find the code at My Vast Right Wing Conspiracy


Senate

Connecticut: Ned Lamont

Maryland: Ben Cardin

Michigan: Debbie Stanbenow

Missouri: Claire McCaskill

Montana: Jon Tester

New Jersey: Bob Menendez

Tennessee: Harold Ford

Virginia: James Webb



Democrat Held Seats

(CO-03): John Salazar

(GA-03): Jim Marshall

(GA-12): John Barrow

(IA-03): Leonard Boswell

(IL-08): Melissa Bean

(IL-17): Phil Hare

(IN-07): Julia Carson

(NC-13): Brad Miller

(PA-12): John Murtha

(WV-01): Alan Mollohan




Republican Held Seats



(AZ-08): Gabrielle Giffords

(CT-04): Diane Farrell


(CT-05): Chris Murphy

(CO-07): Ed Perlmutter

(IA-01): Bruce Braley

(IL-06): Tammy Duckworth

(IN-02): Joe Donnelly


(IN-08): Brad Ellsworth

(IN-09): Baron Hill

(FL-13): Christine Jennings

(FL-16): Tim Mahoney

(FL-22): Ron Klein


(KY-03): John Yarmuth

(NC-01): Heath Shuler

(MN-06): Patty Wetterling

(NM-01): Patricia Madrid

(NY-20): Kirsten Gillibrand


(NY-24): Michael Arcuri

(NY-26): Jack Davis

(OH-15): Mary Jo Kilroy

(OH-18): Zack Space

(PA-06): Lois Murphy


(PA-08): Patrick Murphy

(PA-07): Joe Sestak

(PA-10): Chris Carney

(VA-02): Phil Kellam

(WI-08): Steve Kagen