A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, September 29, 2006

Illegal Immigration: Mexico Warns United States

Crossposted from CommonSenseAmerica:

I don’t think they like us anymore. . .

From USA Today:

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico warned Thursday that the U.S. proposal to build miles of border fence will damage relations between the two countries.
We have been warned.

The Foreign Relations Department said it was “deeply worried” about the proposal, which is working its way through the Senate, adding it will “increase tension in border communities.”
The Mexican government isn’t “deeply worried” about an “increase tension in border communities”. The only thing the Mexican government is worried about is this:

Last year, Mexican migrants sent home more than $20 billion in remittances, providing Mexico with its second biggest source of foreign income after oil.
And the President of Mexico, Vicente Fox, added his two cents:

President Vicente Fox has rallied against the wall, calling it “shameful” and comparing it to the Berlin Wall, which divided Germany.
Protecting the citizens of America is not shameful. What IS shameful is the sense of entitlement the Mexican government has adopted. Rather than improving the economy of Mexico, the Mexican government has abandoned its citizens by encouraging them to live in the foster care of America while, at the same time, expecting the kids to send home cash.

Now that is shameful.

See also:

Onion Growers Crying Over Lack of Labor from Red Hot Cuppa Politics

The Wall Bill passes 71-28…..now the employers(the real issue) and Environmentalists jump up on the wall…and they should… from StikNstein

**This was a production of The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII). If you would like to participate, please go to the above link to learn more. Afterwards, email the coalition and let me know at what level you would like to participate.**

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,