A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, April 10, 2006

Jack will be back!!!

Having just become addicted to the show (and addicting my mother and sister), I'm quite enthused about this 24 news! (And don't forget: new episode tonight!)

AP: Kiefer Sutherland Signs on for More '24'---

LOS ANGELES - Jack'll be back — despite all the firepower the bad guys rain down on him. Kiefer Sutherland has signed on for three more seasons as superhero agent Jack Bauer on Fox's "24."

As part of the deal, Sutherland will establish a production company based at 20th Century Fox Television to develop original programming, the studio announced Monday. He will also serve as a co-executive producer of the hit drama.

Sutherland "is an extraordinary actor with amazing instincts. He's fiercely intelligent, and he has fantastic taste in material," studio co-president Dana Walden said in a statement.

"When he told us he had ambitions to create and produce television series, we jumped at the chance to help him achieve that goal," she said.

No financial details were disclosed.

Sutherland has starred for five seasons as Bauer, who works for the fictional federal Counter-Terrorist Unit (CTU).

As the show plays out in real time, with each season covering 24 hours, Bauer faces crisis after crisis.
For a good laugh, have a look at these Jack Bauer Facts.

Rush Limbaugh visited the set of 24 recently, lucky man.

And more stories on 24 in the news lately:

USAToday: '24' prez pivots from weasel to evil

MTV News: Playing The Spoiler, Kiefer Sutherland Says '24' Movie Is A Go

Technorati Tags: , , ,