A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, March 13, 2006

Top Jack Bauer Facts

I only just started watching the Fox television show 24 this season. So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

That's why I laughed so much when I cam across this post at Euphoric Reality. It contains a link to this list of Jack Bauer Facts. They are absolutely hilarious.

Here are some of my favorites:
  • If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12".
  • Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.
  • Osama bin Laden's recent proposal for truce is a direct result of him finding out that Jack Bauer is, in fact, still alive.
  • Jack Bauer sleeps with a pillow under his gun.
  • Jack Bauer doesn't speak any foreign languages, but he can make any foreigner speak English in a matter of minutes.
  • There is the right way, the wrong way, and the Jack Bauer way. It's basically the right way but faster and more deaths.
  • Guns don't kill people, Jack Bauer kills people.
  • What color is Jack Bauer's blood? Trick question. Jack Bauer does not bleed.
  • Jack Bauer could get off the Lost island in 24 hours.
  • Jack Bauer literally died for his country, and lived to tell about it.
  • When Jack Bauer goes to the airport and the metal detector doesn't go off, security gives him a gun.
Read the rest here (caution, some rough language).

And here someone has created a job application for CTU. Pretty funny.

24 is on tonight at 9pm on Fox. :)