A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, November 22, 2005

No, Not Tim Robbins

Reuters: Man found guilty in Bush Qaeda plot---

ALEXANDRIA, Virginia (Reuters) - A U.S. man was found guilty on Tuesday of conspiring with and aiding al Qaeda and plotting to assassinate President George W. Bush.

A 12-member federal jury at the U.S. District Court found Ahmed Abu Ali, 24, guilty of all charges in a nine-count indictment. He had been charged with conspiring to support and supporting al Qaeda, conspiracy to kill Bush and conspiracy to commit aircraft hijacking.

U.S. District Judge Gerald Bruce Lee set a February 17, 2006, date to sentence Abu Ali, who faces life in prison.

Abu Ali was arrested in June 2003 while studying at a Saudi university. He signed confessions and made statements admitting to the plot against Bush and to having ties to an al Qaeda cell.
---
In the statements, Abu Ali said he and senior members of an al Qaeda cell in Medina, Saudi Arabia, discussed how he could kill Bush. He said they also talked about other types of attacks, including September 11-like hijackings that could be carried out in the United States.