A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I guess the UN hasn't been doing its job!

AP: U.N.: More Hungry in Africa Than in '90s

UPI: UN reports AIDS cases still rising


We all know that the UN is obviously unhelpful, hopeless, and, actually, actively hinders true attempts to keep the peace around the world. Sending in a handful of unarmed babysitters doesn't do the job when you have evil men blowing themselves up or firing machine guns into innocent groups of people.

I have read articles and people saying that the UN still does a lot of good in the world, with food and medicine programs. Yet, these articles provide evidence to the contrary. If the UN were actually doing a good job, wouldn't the number of hungry and those dying of Aids actually be going down, not up?

The corruption of the UN isn't limited to one small area. Do we really need to continue throwing good money after bad?