A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, October 30, 2005

More Blame-Shifting by Nagin

I was just watching Fox News and Bob Sellers had a little interview with Geraldo Rivera.

Geraldo's new show Geraldo at Large begins Monday.

Geraldo interviewed New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin, a short portion of which they showed while I was watching.

No surprise that Nagin is still blaming the Federal government for the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Geraldo rightly mentioned that in Florida people are still waiting for ice, water, and food and Nagin said something to the effect of: Wilma was only category 2, while Katrina was a category 5.

After the clip, Bob Sellers said Katrina was only a Cat. 3 when it hit New Orleans and that Nagin still hasn't taken any responsibility. He asked if Nagin did later in the interview.

Geraldo said Nagin took responsibility for not ordering a mandatory evacuation before the hurricane and for not using all these buses.

What an incompetent, irresponsible jerk. It was his and Kathleen Blanco's responsibility to take care of the people and city of New Orleans, according to the New Orleans Emergency Plan.

Perhaps he should face reality and realize he failed, not the federal government.

I think the rest of the interview airs sometime tomorrow.