A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Never-Ending Bus Saga

Will the New Orleans bus saga ever end? First there were the left-behind, not-put-into-use, flooded buses, which I posted about here.

Then we had Ray Nagin, who ought to have used those buses, demanding 500 buses to do what he should have done before and we found out about more now useless buses, which you can see here.

Some where in there (after the storm), Kathleen Blanco ordered schools to use their buses for evacuation.

Then, the Huff Puff crowd were complaining that FEMA wasn't sending enough buses into New Orleans.

After that, Nagin called for more buses.

And now, via Wizbang, we find out there are unflooded, perfectly usable, city-owned buses right there in New Orleans. Over 60 of them.

Why weren't they used?

(Curtsy to The Political Teen)