A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Something he should have thought of last week

Breitbart.com: Kanye West Sticking to Music in NFL Show---

In his first public appearance since verbally lashing President Bush, rapper Kanye West said he would stick to entertainment at this week's NFL opening kickoff concert.

"I don't want to detract from the show at all, because it's entertainment, and a lot of times, in a time of need, we need entertainment to lift people's spirits," West said Tuesday at a news conference to promote Thursday's free concert at the Los Angeles Coliseum.
Hmmm, perhaps Kanye failed to notice, but the telethon on Friday was something important----a bid to raise money for the victims of Katrina, not just a little entertainment. It was meant to do something big to lift people's spirits and help them out financially.

Apparently Kanye only stays on task when he's entertaining, not when he's asking people for money for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

If you didn't hear about his outrageous behavior last Friday, you can read it here.

After his brilliant blabbing about being loathe to distract from entertainment, Kanye had this to say:
On Tuesday, the Grammy-winning rapper did not elaborate on his comments at the "Concert for Hurricane Relief." Looking glum, West sidestepped questions about the remarks, noting that the week's events have been "a lot of pressure for one human being."
Geez. I had no idea Kanye West had been a victim of Hurricane Katrina.

What a ridiculous thing for Kanye to say. Exactly what pressure has he been under this week? One would think he had narrowly escaped the hurricane and flooding with his life, on top of losing his house, vehicle, job, and all his worldly possessions.

Rather, he just mouthed off and looked like an idiot in front of millions of people. Brilliant.