A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, September 26, 2005

Oh, darn

How disappointing! We've all been waiting with bated breath for this!
IMDB.com:
Beatty Still Not Ready To Run for Public Office

Warren Beatty is keeping his political fans waiting, even though they're convinced he'll challenge Arnold Schwarzenegger for public office in California. The 68-year-old was cheered by supporters including his wife Annette Bening and Sean Penn as he spoke at a California Nurses Association dinner on Thursday. But Beatty insists the time isn't right to announce a run for Governor, and that he's happy just being a thorn in Governor Schwarzenegger's side.

He says, "I've always preferred not to run for public office. Instead, you say what you think is the truth and you try to perform a public service. Running for a public office is another matter. Some time you might have to do that. I don't really want to have to do that. I tell you what I do want to do - continue saying what I think is the right thing to say." Republican Schwarzenegger wouldn't comment on his Democrat acting peer's potential run for office, but did admit he finds it strange that Beatty would think of opposing him. He says, "I find it silly, because I respect his work." (emphasis added)
Isn't that just like a celebrity? They think they are doing us a public service by spouting their crackpot views. No thank you.