A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, September 26, 2005

Whoop-di-do!

Does anyone really care that Cindy Sheehan was arrested during her little protest at the White House today?

Sheehan, carrying a photo of her son in his Army uniform, was among hundreds of protesters who marched around the White House and then down the two-block pedestrian walkway on Pennsylvania Avenue. When they reached the front of the White House, dozens sat down _ knowing they would be arrested _ and began singing and chanting "Stop the war now!"

Police warned them three times that they were breaking the law by failing to move along, then began making arrests. One man climbed over the White House fence and was quickly subdued by Secret Service agents.

Sheehan, 48, was the first taken into custody. She smiled as she was carried to the curb, then stood up and walked to a police vehicle while protesters chanted, "The whole world is watching."
Wow, being arrested while sitting down makes such a powerful statement. Not quite as powerful as DYING TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM OF THE WORLD as Casey Sheehan and his brothers-in-arms have done.

And what is she smiling for? She's always described in the media as "the grieving mother." She looks rather joyous in the pictures I have seen, like this one, via Drudge:



Yes, the world is watching, including the cowardly terrorists who are the reason Casey and others like him are dead. What Cindy and her cohorts are doing aids them in their evil.

What is going to take for Cindy Sheehan to realize she's gone insane and the world world knows it?