A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, September 08, 2005

Can we expect idiot ramblings?

IMDB.com---

Stars Line Up for Weekend Telethons

Sheryl Crow, the Dixie Chicks, Paul Simon and Rod Stewart are adding their voices to a multi-TV network Hurricane Katrina benefit concert to air on Friday night. Regular programming on America's leading TV networks will be axed to make way for the special, Shelter From The Storm: A Concert For The Gulf Coast. Randy Newman's performance is expected to be one of the show's highlights - his 1974 tune "Louisiana 1927" has been adopted as the unofficial theme for the relief efforts. As well as the musical performances, Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz and Jack Nicholson are among the actors who have agreed to appear during the telethon. Almost 100 countries around the world will air the telethon. A separate show, React Now: Music & Relief will be shown on Saturday on MTV's cable channels and feature Green Day, The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney among others. Meanwhile, America's gospel stars are planning to stage televised concerts at hurricane victims' shelters, as part of an upcoming telethon, Gospel Angels, on September 22.
Sheryl Crow, the Ditzy Witches, Green Day . . . shall we take bets on who is the first to mouth off inappropriately about either President Bush or the government or the War in Iraq? One would hope that these people could learn to be adults and just play their music.

After all, they are there to raise money for the Hurricane Katrina Relief Effort, not give State of the Union addresses, thank the Lord.