A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, August 18, 2005

Whatever

Where do they come up with this stupid stuff? Honestly.

Yahoo News: 'Peace Mom': Spearhead of Peace Movement?---

WASHINGTON - What began as one mother's vigil on a country road in Texas two weeks ago has grown into a nationwide protest, putting a grieving human face to the miseries of war and the misgivings about President Bush's strategies in Iraq.
Sure, I gues Cindy Sheehan has put a human face to the "miseries" and "misgivings" of the strategies in Iraq, but does the Lib. MSM realize that face is insane?

It's still not clear whether Cindy Sheehan's effort was the start of a lasting anti-war movement or a fleeting summertime story fueled by media-savvy liberal interest groups.
Hmmmm, I would go with "fleeting summertime story fueled by media-savvy liberal interest groups" AND the Liberal MSM. The "anti-war" movement tried EVERYTHING it could think of, but the American People aren't as dumb as these Leftist Wackos think.

While her backers maintain the vigil in Texas, Republican Party leaders are worried that the so-called Peace Mom has brought long-simmering unease over Iraq to a boil by galvanizing anti-war activists. They fear that protests will strike a chord with the large number of Americans who have long felt uneasy about the war yet have been giving Bush the benefit of the doubt. (emphasis added)
This makes it sound as though the anti-freedom wackos were completely silent before and during the war---they weren't. They were incredibly loud in their insanity, but they didn't achieve the results they wanted because they make no sense, are basically insane, and are on the wrong side of history and morality.

And which "Republican Party leaders" are "worried"? R.I.N.O.'s like Lindsey Graham, Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, Arlen Specter, John McCain, and the rest? I don't care what they think. I don't care what Cindy Sheehan thinks. I don't care what MoveOn.org or CNN or the New York Times or John Kerry or Hillary Clinton think. They don't matter. What matters is spreading freedom and democracy around the world, so that all may enjoy what we in the United States do. And that is what we are doing.

These Liberals want us to give up and allow tyranny and torture to reign. They want our troops to slink back home, dishonored and discouraged. They want the US humiliated in front of the world. They want all this because it would mean they were right all along . . . but they aren't and that isn't going to happen.

One activist has called Sheehan "the Rosa Parks of the anti-war movement," a reference to the civil rights heroine who refused to give up her seat to a white man on a city bus in Montgomery, Ala., in 1955.
Right.