A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, August 26, 2005

Well, we do believe in Freedom of Speech

Yahoo News: Poll: Many Back Right to Protest Iraq War---

WASHINGTON - An overwhelming number of people say critics of the Iraq war should be free to voice their objections — a rare example of widespread agreement about a conflict that has divided the nation along partisan lines.

Nearly three weeks after a grieving California mother named Cindy Sheehan started her anti-war protest near President Bush's Texas ranch, nine of 10 people surveyed in an AP-Ipsos poll say it's OK for war opponents to publicly share their concerns about the conflict.
The media act as though it is a surprise that people think it is ok to use free speech!

I don't object to "war opponents" publicly sharing "their concerns about the conflict." I object to their treason and wickedness.

I object to them standing outside our soldiers' hospitals, with signs that say things like "Maimed for life" and fake coffins.

I object to them hanging effigies of soldiers or calling those brave men murderers.

I object to them burning the American flag.

I object to them likening President Bush to Adolph Hitler.

I object to them rioting and destroying public and private property during their little "protests." I object to being called names and cursed at.

I object to signs that say "We support our troops . . . when they shoot their officers."

I object to them believing that men like Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein are good and right and not evil criminals, while saying George W. Bush and Donald Rumsfeld are the wicked ones.

I object to them calling President Bush "the most dangerous man on earth" when there are such men as Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.

And most of all, I object to their wicked stupidity and evilness.

I agree that critics have the right to disagree and speak about it, but that does not give anyone the right to commit treason or aid the enemy in the way these people do.

How childish is this?