A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, August 18, 2005

Cindy Responds

Wah wah wah.

Cindy Sheehan has decided to respond to Drudge by posting a little whine on the Huffington Post.

You can read it and the wacko comments from her wacko friends here.

Here is the post:

Memo to Drudge, et al: It's Not About Me, It's About the War

Even after my repeated attempts to keep the focus of my protest on the war, the Drudge Report and others continue to try to make the issue about me. But I am not the issue. The issue is a disastrous war that's killing our sons and daughters and making our country less secure. They attack me because they can no longer defend this war.

I've come to Crawford to bring to the president's doorstep the harsh realities of a war he's been trying so hard to avoid. But no matter what they say or how many shotguns they fire or how many crosses they destroy, they're not going to stop me from speaking out about a war that needlessly killed my son.
Right, the vast Right-Wing Conspiracy is trying to make the whole thing be about Cindy Sheehan. We have so much power.

And I think the record proves Cindy's words about the Iraq War "making our country less secure" to be false. We haven't had a major terrorist attack since September 11, 2001. That was BEFORE we went to war. If anything, this country is more secure because we are more vigilant and have rooted the terrorists out of their little rat holes. They don't have the safe havens they once did because men like Cindy Sheehan's son Casey were brave enough to volunteer for the United States Military and chose to make the Ultimate Sacrifice.

To say the United States is less secure is to insult and dishonor Casey Sheehan and all like him. They gave their life's blood to secure the blessings of Liberty for us and our posterity---and for people all around the world.

No matter how many times Cindy Sheehan cries or whines or Liberal wackos have their little "peace protests," they will not stop us from furthering the spread of freedom. While we still have such brave men to put on our Nation's uniforms, one whiny, insane woman and her whiny, insane friends will not stop us.

Casey Sheehan only died needlessly if his mother gets her way.