A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, July 13, 2005

"Screw Abstinence Party"

Well, isn't this special? One of the most heinous kinds of organizations in this country, NARAL Pro-Choice Washington, is having an outrageous little party 14 July. (I hate my stupid blue state.) I first saw this story on the Grapevine, on today's "Special Report with Brit Hume."

Here is the information:

NARAL Pro-Choice Washington
invites you to our
SCREW ABSTINENCE PARTY
Thursday, July 14, 2005
6:00-8:00pm
Watertown
106 1st Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
Tired of Bush & Co. spending your tax dollars on abstinence-only-until-marriage initiatives that promote dangerous misinformation?

Let them know you keep it real when it comes to your sexual health and decision making. Come laugh, learn, socialize and buck the system at NARAL Pro-Choice Washington’s Screw Abstinence Party.
Wow. What fun.

Here is the invitation to the sleaze-fest.

And here is the entertainment:

  • Pork Filled Players – Seattle theatre’s hottest sketch comedy group performs a sex ed class for adults
  • Toys in Babeland – Seattle’s sleaze-free, sex-positive purveyors of adult toys offer tips on “Sexy Safer Sex”
  • Lady Jane DJ – Seattle’s First Lady of the turn tables spins the latest in Hip-Hop and R&B
  • Hors d’oeuvres – Scrumptious Appetizers generously donated by Watertown.
And "Lady Jane DJ" is no relation! She's certainly no lady.

"Dangerous misinformation"? I think facts are facts. Abstinence is the ONLY way to prevent AIDS, STDs, and unplanned pregnancies. Does anyone at NARAL have a brain? Oh, sorry, they must have aborted that person.

I feel dirty after looking at that site.