A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, July 13, 2005

No, not "a complicated thought in a complicated world."

Once again we, the American People, are being told we are too stupid to understand something so complicated as politics and foreign relations. And once again, some dumb lib apologizes, not for what she said, but for it being misunderstood. Oh, do pardon us for being stupid!

From IMDB.com:

Gyllenhaal Terrified of Discussing Political Opinions

Maggie Gyllenhaal has vowed to keep her political opinions to herself, because she's still suffering the media backlash over a remark she made about the September 11th terrorist attacks in April. The New York native was at the premiere of her movie The Great New Wonderful which is set in the city a year after the al-Qaeda attacks on the Big Apple, and investigates New Yorkers' feelings about the tragedy. But while describing the movie, Gyllenhaal famously suggested America was "responsible in some way" for the attacks, but was forced to retract the comment following a media uproar about her anti-American sentiments. And now she's too terrified to discuss her thoughts, in case she accidentally sparks controversy again. She says, "I was so surprised by the way it was misunderstood, and the disdain that came back at me was a real shock. I regret what I said, but I think my intentions were good. Neither the red carpet nor an interview about a movie is the right place to talk about my politics. I realize I have to be careful, because it's very easy to misunderstand a complicated thought in a complicated world." (emphasis added)

What complicated thought would that be? That you are an idiot, Maggie? Then again, perhaps it is too complicated for you to understand, but we do.