A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, July 14, 2005

Perhaps he preferable for a teacher?

It turns out that one of the 4 London terrorists, who committed the cowardly attacks on 7 July, "Mohammed Sadique Khan, 30, of Dewsbury, was a supply teaching assistant who taught disabled children in Beeston."

I have my teaching certificate and several times, on this blog, people have commented that it is scary I am teaching children or told me I don't know what I'm talking about when I speak of how liberal the education system is. Perhaps they would prefer Terrorist Mohammed Sadique Khan?

Here are their comments:

Ben I., who said,
"I hope you don't take that attitude into the classroom (in all seriousness, that's the reason I posted a reply in the first place; I would be horrified to find my child's teacher hated an entire nation of people and I was amazed you didn't instantly rescind your comment)."
Michael, who said,
"It's scary to think that someone with so little ability to think logically and with such wild hate for those who disagree with her party's politics is teaching children."
Joe, who said,
"as a product of public education in three different states, i must say that you are off base, jane. it's useless arguing with you, however. you seem to be capable only of making the braodest generalizations, picking out isolated incidents not representative of the whole and hysterically blowing them up in order to "support" said generalizations."
Yes, I'm scary. I might actually have students refer to God or praise America!