A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Suicide Bombers?

The attacks were possibly the work of suicide bombers?

New evidence suggests four attackers blew themselves up on London subway trains and a bus last week in what would be the first suicide terror attacks in western Europe, authorities said Tuesday in announcing a major breakthrough in the case.

Police raided a half-dozen houses in a heavily Muslim neighborhood looking for explosives, computer files and other evidence. A town councilor told The Associated Press that at least three of the presumed suicide bombers were British citizens of Pakistani ancestry.

One bomber was thought to be Shahzad Tanweer, a 22-year-old cricket-loving sports science graduate, and another was a teenager, the British news agency Press Association reported.

Closed-circuit TV video showed the suspects arriving at King's Cross station by 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, about 20 minutes before the blasts began, Peter Clarke, head of the Metropolitan Police anti-terrorist branch, told a Scotland Yard news conference.

Well, yippie, a "cricket-loving sports science graduate." Who really cares? This Tanweer committed an evil act of murder and terror. I don't care if he carried a teddy bear around.

Please note the use of the word "attackers" in the first paragraph. I could not find the word "terrorist" anywhere in the article. I guess that means these cowards were just sports-loving attackers, not evil-hearted terrorists. My mistake.

One of the suspects had been reported missing by his family at 10 p.m. Thursday, and some of his property was found on the double-decker bus in which 13 died, Clarke said.

"We have now been able to establish that he was joined on his journey to London by three other men," he said.

Some witness accounts suggested the bus bomber may have blundered, blowing up the wrong target and accidentally killing himself. A witness who got off the crowded bus just before it exploded told AP he saw an agitated man in his 20s fiddling anxiously with something in his bag.
I don't care if they were sports-fans and, frankly, I don't care about their families. These animals committed acts of terror and murdered people. To be fair, at least the family of one of the terrorists alerted the officials he was missing. Perhaps they should have alerted them to his terrorist tendencies before he was able to murder innocent Londoners.

And, to be honest, at least he might have "accidentally" killed himself during his terror act. Rather poetic justice.