A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, July 14, 2005

Mehlman and the NAACP: Best Buddies

Take a look at this blog post on the new GOP.com blog, by RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman. Today he spoke at the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Here is a bit from the post:

I shared with them the message I deliver everywhere I go that no matter how many elections Republicans win, no matter how many times we hold the White House, no matter how many seats in Congress, how many governor’s mansions, how many state legislatures we win, the party of Lincoln will not be whole again and won’t truly reflect the dream of African American political empowerment until we effectively and forthrightly respond to the cause of the African American community.
"African American political empowerment"? Why not just "American political empowerment"? Blacks have been voting for the Democrats for years and the Democrats haven't done a thing for them. They need to wake up and realize this. Ken Mehlman giving a little suck-up speech at their Liberal-fest convention isn't going to do the trick.

Hey, Ken, we won the election! Why don't you act like it?

Here is his suck-up speech to the Liberals.