A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, November 02, 2006

"Your vote counts. Please cast it, for life!"

I received this from Priests for Life (shouldn't they all be?):

An Election Message from Dr. Alveda King
October 2006

"Vote as if your life depends upon it. Someone's life does! Be encouraged that you are not alone in your desire to see an end to the senseless violence against the most helpless of our brothers and sisters. Our Lord Jesus Christ taught us to care for the least of these. We can demonstrate our compassion by voting for pro-life candidates in the upcoming elections.

"My uncle, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said: 'Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable. Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals. This is no time for apathy or complacency. This is a time for vigorous and positive action.' "We must vote for life this year, and every year, because it is the right thing to do.

"Please, I urge you, do be distracted by political rhetoric. The most pressing civil rights issue of this season is the protection of the lives of the pre-born.

"Your vote counts. Please cast it, for life!"

-- Dr. Alveda King

Dr. King serves full-time on the staff of Priests for Life and Gospel of Life Ministries. Fr. Frank Pavone, the director of the ministry, said that Dr. King's statement "reveals with clarity that at the basis of every human right is the right to life itself."

To view Fr. Frank's 2006 election video, click on the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e4u2K53mLA

___________________________________________________

Visit the Priests for Life Election Page here.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,