A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, November 03, 2006

WA Residents: Vote for I-933

From the Washington State Republican Party (in an e-mail):

Initiative 933 is one of the most important policy measures we will vote on in Washington State on November 7th. Passing I-933 will determine whether or not your private property rights are protected and our government is held accountable for the regulations imposed on individuals who own property - any property, and that means your property.

Click on this link to view the ad, "Don't let THIS happen to you."

I-933 will make the government more accountable to its citizens:

  • Government must tell citizens "why" we need new regulations.
  • Government must identify the properties they want to regulate.
  • Government must identify how much damage they will cause to the use and value of private property.
  • Government must determine if voluntary or cooperative programs can accomplish the goals.
  • If our elected officials and agencies then decide to damage the use and value of private property, they must follow the state Constitution and pay for the damage.

MYTH 1: The government will not go bankrupt.

  • Although opponents say this will cause the government to go bankrupt, the government can avoid paying compensation by creating fairer laws that don't drastically harm property.
  • Secure property rights causes greater investment and a healthy economy.

MYTH 2: I-933 will prevent the government from creating regulations that are necessary to keep us safe.

I-933 does not impact regulations that:
  • Prevent an immediate threat to human health and safety,
  • Prevent harm from earthquakes, flooding, fire, etc.;
  • Limit the location or operation of sex offender housing or adult entertainment;
  • Require adherence to chemical use restrictions that have been adopted by the EPA;
  • Require Worker health and safety laws or regulations and wage and hour laws.
Technorati Tags: , , ,