A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, June 17, 2006

What did they expect?

I meant to post this a week or so ago, but forgot all about it. You have probably read about it elsewhere, but oh well! :)

Guess which band is having difficulties selling concert tickets?

If you said the Dixie Chicks then you would be right on key.

Specifically, the Ditsy Witches are having troubles selling tickets in Red States and Red Regions.

What did they expect? Did they really think calling their fans uncool and all would endear them to us? Make us want to go to their concerts? Where we might be subjected to further deprecating remarks? No thank you. I will stick with Patriots like Toby Keith.

Speaking of patriotism, you must read this post from La Dolce Divas about how the Dixie Chicks Need A History Lesson. Apparently being patriotic is stupid. And what's up with the flag waving???

How stupid.

Just for Natalie Maines and her fellow witches (They may want to avert their eyes. I have heard a rumor that the sight of the Stars and Stripes burns their eyes out, as they are unworthy to gaze upon the beauty of Old Glory.):


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The WTC Cross (with an American Flag)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And more on that topic at:
-Michelle Malkin
-California Conservative
-Sister Toldjah
-Church and State
-Conservative Musings
-The Real Ugly American

A Previous post of mine:
-Not the Way to Win Fans Back

Technorati Tags: , , ,