A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, June 18, 2006

No Mentioning Her Favorite State

It sure takes the MSM a long time to catch on to the truth! Does anyone still pretend that Hillary Clinton isn't setting up a run for the Presidency in 2008?

Have a look at this article:

AP: Sen. Clinton taking her politics national ---

ALBANY, New York - A recent fundraising letter from Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, who is seeking re-election this year in New York, does not mention the state, but it slips eight references to "America" or "Americans" into two pages.
Hmmm, one would think someone running as a Senator for a certain state would certainly mention that state!

The letter points to a fact of life in the world of New York's junior senator, who many think may be a contender for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination: The national stage is there, and she is making use of it.

In recent weeks, the wife of former President Bill Clinton has begun a series of national policy addresses. The economy was the topic in Chicago in April, and it was energy during a speech in Washington in May. The focus was on privacy in a Friday address to the American Constitution Society in Washington.

At the end of next month, Clinton gives her report to the moderate Democratic Leadership Conference meeting in Denver on the "American Dream Initiative" effort she has led to devise an agenda for the country and party.

Unlike earlier fundraising appeals, the recent letter contains no mention of potential Senate race opponents. There is plenty of talk about national Republicans and their apparent dislike for her.
Come on, we all know what the plan is. She's raising money like a fiend (well, actions show who we really are, so . . .), she's trying to moderate some of her stances, and we all know she has been gunning for the presidency since she was president in 2000---I mean, co-president---I mean, kind of first lady (nix the word "lady," however).

I will certainly never vote for her, though I am sure there are plenty of stupid women out there who would.

Technorati Tags: , , ,