A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, May 20, 2006

Armed Forces Day!

Today is a day to honor the men and women of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard, who are keeping this country safe and free. The Mudville Gazette has a great reminder for all of us.

To all our military members:
THANK YOU for all your sacrifices.
THANK YOU for keeping us safe and free.
THANK YOU for your bravery, strength, courage, and determination.
THANK YOU for stepping up to the difficult task.
THANK YOU for all you do.
May God bless you and keep you safe!

The Department of Defense has a page all about Armed Forces Day. You'll find it here.

Visit America Supports You to send thank yous to the troops and get involved. (Also visit the Military Appreciation Month page)

Read this message from Master Sergeant John Ubaldi, a US Marine who served in both Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.

The blog OP-FOR has this great list of organizations you can work with to support the troops.

If you know someone in the military, send him a thank you e-card.



More from:
-Woman Honor Thyself
-ABFreedom
-TMH's Bacon Bits
-bRight & Early
-A Rose By Any Other Name
-Stop the ACLU has an open trackback post up, as does Basil's Blog.

Technorati Tags: , , ,