A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It is Official!

Fox News: Tony Snow Named White House Press Secretary---

WASHINGTON — President Bush named Tony Snow to be his White House press secretary on Wednesday in the latest round of staff changes in the West Wing.

"I am here to break some news," Bush told the White House press corps in the briefing room. "I have asked Tony Snow to be my press secretary. Tony already knows most of you. He agreed to take the job anyway."

Snow, former host of FOX News Talk's "The Tony Snow Show" and anchor of "FOX News Sunday," will replace outgoing spokesman Scott McClellan. Snow had been considering the White House's offer for the last several days.

“I am very excited and I can’t wait,” Snow said. “I want to thank you, Mr. President, for the honor.

"One of the things I want to do is make it clear that one of the reasons I took the job is not only because I believe in the president, but because believe it or not, I want to work with you," Snow said. "These are times that are going to be very challenging, we’ve got a lot of big issues ahead and we’ve got a lot of important things that all of us are going to be covering together."
[. . .]
Sources say Snow demanded more access to the Oval Office, wanting more power to shape policy than past press secretaries.

“He’s not afraid to express his own opinions. Those of you who have read his columns or listened to his radio show, he sometimes has disagreed with me. I asked him about those comments, and he said, ‘You should have heard what I said about the other guy,’” Bush said.
This is a great move on the President's part. Tony Snow will be excellent. I'm looking forward to hearing his exchanges with the MSM.

Hot Air has video, links, and more.

And, more from the Washington Post (video here, transcript
here). And Howard Kurtz has
this column titled "Foxy Spokesman."

TIME has an article on Why Bush Chose Snow to Speak for Him.

CNN: Fox analyst named Bush press secretary

MSNBC: Bush names Fox pundit as new spokesman

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,